Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:34 pm Post subject: step by step procedure to run a c program in ubuntu linux
after installing the latest version of Linux and installing all updates
1. open terminal program :which is in applications-accessories-terminal.
# for 2 and 3 step you need an internet connection.
2. type in the terminal: sudo apt-get update
3. type in the terminal: sudo apt-get install build-essential
4. go to the location where you have to save your c file by using cd command in the terminal : mine is "cd Documents"
5. type: gedit filename.c :this will open a new window where you can type your c commands. remember getch() in windows is getchar() and no need of clrscr(): I have written "gedit hahah.c" and then in the gedit window I wrote:
6. save that file
7. open the terminal and type :gcc filename.c :mine is gcc hahah. this will compile the c program and a file named a.out will be autometically created in the folder you have your c file.(remember you should be in that particular place in the terminal where you have stored the c file )
8.type ./a.out in the terminal program.
hurrreee this will run your c program.
9. press exit to exit the editor.